1. Sensex, Nifty open dense - SBI is up 2 percent while ICICI Bank, Hero, Dr Reddy's Labs, and Sun Pharma. BHEL is down 5 percent and Coal India, ONGC, Infosys and M&M are losers in the Sensex.
2. Shares of BHEL dragged over 6.5 percent intraday on Friday after its December quarter results disappointed the street.
3. SBI will announce its Q3 earnings on Friday. Profit for the quarter is expected to jump 45 percent year-on-year to Rs 3,254 crore supported by treasury income, fee income and operating profit.
4. Spice Jet flies deeper into red, Q3 net loss widens to Rs 275 crore which create negative movements in their shares.
5. Agri Commodities opens strong, crude oil jump around 1.5%.
6. Rupee opens 17 paise strong against dollar in market.